Terms and Conditions
1. The pupil certifies that a valid licence is held to drive the tuition vehicle. Pupils MUST inform their instructor immediately if they receive any endorsements on their licence during the period they are receiving tuition.
2. In the event of mechanical breakdown or other difficulty outside the instructors control, the instructor reserves the right to rearrange lessons at short notice.
3. A MINIMUM 48 hours notice is required to be given to the instructor by the pupil to cancel a lesson and should the pupil fail to give such notice the pupil will be liable to pay the full tuition fee.
4. If for any reason outside the instructors control it is not possible to give a full lesson of tuition then any lost time will be added to a later lesson.
5. The price paid for the driving test fee does not include the use of the car for the purpose of the test and any prior instruction. Therefore current rates will apply.
6. Payment for each lesson should be made at the start of each lesson. Richard Lumb Driving School reserves the right to change the hourly rate with reasonable prior notification to the pupil.
7 LEGAL LIABILITY
The pupil should be aware that the instructors primary objective is to promote road safety and in doing so he may take control of the vehicle, the instructor will make every effort to instruct the pupil to the highest standard but can in no way be held liable for any errors that the pupil may make whilst driving and not accompanied by the instructor either before or after a test is passed.
8. The instructor will endeavour to teach the pupil the correct driving skills according to the recommended syllabus issued by the DSA.
9. Driving tests may only be arranged with the prior agreement of both instructor and pupil.
10. The instructor is at liberty at his absolute discretion to refuse to proceed with a lesson if he has reason to believe that the pupil is in any way under the influence of drink or drugs at the time of the lesson.
11. The instructor will accept no liability for accidents, injury or damage to any third party caused by the pupils recklessness or negligence during a lesson.
12. The instructor reserves the right to withhold the use of his vehicle for a driving test.